When I’m feeling stuck with my blog, I usually 1) take a break from it for a while and look for inspiration in my real life 2) look at other people’s blogs to see what they do best and how I can reinterpret their ideas to make them my own.
Here are a few blogs that I admire, especially for their visual aesthetic:
- Overall Design: Things We Make
- Header Design: Thing A Day
- Simplicity and Usability: Amarins de Jong
- Blog Art: The Middlest Sister
It can be tough to take advice from peers, but often times, getting advice from other bloggers gives me more inspiration than any amount of brainstorming I can do on my own.
Here are a few posts that I have found helpful from other bloggers on blogging:
- Blogging 101: 9 Steps to Making Blogging a Breeze from College Gloss
- Pros and Cons of WordPress from Shrimp Salad Circus
- Getting Personal on the Blog from Chocolate-Covered Katie
What blogs do you get inspiration from?